“This award is for the blogs that shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader.”
Caroline from The Ex-Sugarholic has nominated No Naughties for the Shine On Award. I have been following her sugar-free journey for a while now and have very much enjoyed reading her posts. Do check out her yummy recipes!
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3 Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
4 Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
7 random facts:
I have already written 7 random facts when I received The Versatile Blogger Award, so here are 7 new ones:
1. I looooove ice cream.
2. My favourite colour is orange.
3. I started growing vegetables and fruit in our garden a few years ago and I’m really enjoying it. Hubby is going to buy me a greenhouse for my birthday, so next year I’ll be able to experiment with fruit and veg I haven’t been able to grow before (e.g. water melons and cucumbers). Can’t wait!
4. I had a fab week at this year’s Swanwick Writers’ Summer School, the oldest residential writers’ conference in the world. If you have a chance to come along, I’d love to see you there next year!
5. I’d love to live on a farm and have horses, goats, dogs, cats, chickens, alpacas, sheep and donkeys. These days I go to Cholwell Riding Stables and get my weekly ‘fix’ there: I stroke all their horses (about 40!), dogs and sheep. Here’s picture of Cherry (one of their lovely dogs) and me – she is such a wonderful character!
6. Earlier this year I read a book called The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World by Iain McGilchrist. It’s about the right and left hemispheres of the brain and how they affect our understanding of ourselves and the world we live in. Although the book is not exactly a light read, it is absolutely fascinating.
7. Of all the social media, my current favourite is Pinterest. There are just so many amazing food photos and ideas there! If you’d like to see No Naughties’ boards, here’s the link: http://pinterest.com/nonaughties. Do let me know if you’re there too!
My 2 nominees for inspiring, feel-good bloggers:
The Vegan Cookie Fairy – Clem’s vegan recipes, all delicious and with beautiful photos.
The Ice Cream Initiative – Karina and Trevor’s wonderful ice cream adventures in Ontario, Canada. In their blog they write about their journey towards their dream goal of owning a brick and mortar artisan ice cream shop.
I would have also nominated Honk if you’re vegan and Miss Marzipan, but Celeste from Honk if you’re vegan was already nominated by Caroline and Miss Marzipan is not accepting nominations at the moment. However, do check out their lovely blogs!